Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Basic (IJMB) and Remedial programmes for 2022/2023 Session.
The Basic (IJMB) programme is an Advance Level Programme intended for candidates aspiring to gain admission into any Nigerian University through Direct Entry (DE). It last for Twelve (12) months.
The Remedial programme last for at most Nine (9) months. At the end of the programme, successful students will be admitted into ABU Zaria.
ABU IJMB Admission Requirements
Basic (IJMB) Studies Programme
i. Candidates for this programme must possess a minimum of five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings with any of the following subject combinations:
BS1: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
BS2: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics;
BS3: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics;
BS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics;
BS5: Mathematics, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Basic Studies Programme are also expected to register for 2021 JAMB Direct Entry Admission.
iii. The duration of the Basic Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
Remedial Studies Programme
i. Candidates for this programme must possess at least three (3) credits in science subjects (in not more than one sitting) with any of the under listed subject combinations and any two passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the school.
RS1: Biology, Chemistry, Geography;
RS2: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
RS3: Biology, Geography, Physics;
RS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies must register and pass at credit level the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient.
iii. Candidates must also register for the 2022/2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government and must choose Ahmadu Bello University as first choice.
iv. The duration of the Remedial Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
- Visit the SBRS site at sbrs.abu.edu.ng
- Click on the link, ‘Create Account’ or ‘Please Login’ if you have already created an account. In the account creation process, provide your surname, first name, other name(s) (if available). Then select your gender, provide an active email, then supply and confirm your password.
- Login now with your supplied email address and password
- Choose the programme you want to apply for:
- Remedial (RS1, RS2, RS3, RS4)
- Basic or IJMB (BS1, BS2, BS3, BS4, BS5, BS6)
- Update your profile:
- Picture Upload
- Click the ‘Buy Form’ then click on “Pay Online’. You can then either Pay online using your ATM Card or ‘Print’ the transaction page and take to any commercial bank for payment.
Deadline: Not specified.